Last Updated: March 20, 2018
Collection of Information (Survey Respondents)
The only information we collect from you when you respond to a Survey are your Survey responses and the related time stamps.
Collection of Information (Others)
Information You Directly Provide to Us
We collect information you directly provide to us. For example, we may collect information if you create an account, set up a Survey, send Survey questions or other text messages through the Platform, fill out a form on our Web site, apply for a job, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we collect may include your name, contact information (such as phone number, email address, postal address, and payment information) and other information you choose to provide. We also collect any data or messages you input, upload, or otherwise allow us to access through the Platform, including names and phone numbers, Survey questions and responses, and time stamps.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Service
When you access or use our Service (other than merely as a Survey responder), we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We may log information about your use of the Service, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Service.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Service, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile number and network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Service and your experience, see which areas and features of our Service are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Service or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Service. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to Clients, voter files, mailing list providers and publicly available sources.
Use of Information
We may use information we collect about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Platform and the Service;
- Process transactions, respond to your requests, and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyze data, trends, usage and activities in connection with our Platform and the Service;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Survey 160;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help provide our Platform and the Service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
In addition, for Clients and users who request information or join our mailing list, we may use your information to communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Survey 160 and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you.
Survey 160 is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
When a Survey is conducted by or on behalf of a Client through the Platform, all information collected in connection with such Survey is shared with such Client.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Survey 160, our Clients, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Note that we do not use the content of any Survey responses or other messages for the purpose of targeted advertising or to create a profile of any individual.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Survey 160 takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Service.
If you receive emails from us, you may opt out of receiving promotional emails by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.